Today is Thanksgiving and a very unusual one for us in Brazil. We are missing the usual things like pumpkin pie and homemade rolls, but especially our family. The kids not with us are with some of our other favorite people....my family, and it just so happens to be my dad's 82nd birthday! I want to wish him a wonderful day!! I started out writing the top ten things that I love about my dad but couldn't stop at just ten so here are the top 20 (and there are more)
1. The way he makes me feel like I'm his very favorite person.
2. The way he loves my mother.
3. The way he gives my children so much attention and love.
4. The way he relates with the younger generation.
5. His big hands that remind me of how hard he has worked all through life.
6. The way he works hard to stay in good physical condition.
7. His spiritual depth and understanding of the gospel.
8. The way he tells a good joke... and he always has one!
9. The proud look he gets on his face when I do something good.
10. His long legs.
11. The way he teaches and his awesome stories.
12. His positive attitude about life.
13. The way he encourages me to be a better mom by saying, "Bon, you sure are a great mom".
14. His hugs.
15. The way he scrapes my driveway after a big snow.
16. The way he sacrifices to do mundane things for me like drop me off at the top of Pomerelle.
17. The way he sacrifices to do BIG things for me and my family!
18. The way he trusts me to cut his hair.
19. The way he supports me in outrageous decisions like moving to Brazil.
and last, but not least....
20. His example and testimony of the gospel.
I love you dad...have a great day and give my kids a big hug and kiss! Macey has one for you from me!!
This was taken after our Thanksgiving dinner at Morg and Mals school. The kids Malories age sang a medley of Thanksgiving songs, then we had a buffet style dinner. It was pretty good...they still had to have their brazilian rice and farofa and the famous Brazilian chocolate cake, but they did have turkey and mashed potatoes. We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. We love you all and are counting our blessings so we keep from crying about not being with ALL our family today. And by the way.....we are very blessed!!


Wow I'm impressed, what a great post. The girls look like they are growing taller, what beauties. We miss you here, but you are doing a great work there. It seems to be a surprise at times, where the Lord places us. But it's great to be about our Father's business.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays!
P.S. we think you have a great dad too.
Hi Bonnie! I always enjoy your Christmas cards. I've been sending ecards the past few years. Please send me your email address so I can catch you up! lynnhunsaker@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're having loads of fun in Brazil!
;-) Lynn