This is the beginning of our adventures in Brasil. This was at the Sao Paulo airport, about a 4 hour plane trip from our new home of Recife. We each got to bring 2 peices of luggage, that was counting the electric piano and guitar. We have discovered that you can get by with a lot less stuff and still be happy!
The third week end in Recife we visited one of our favorite beaches....Porto de Galinas. I broke my foot, stepping out of bed (my foot was asleep and I didn't know it!) the first week so I had to miss out on the snorkeling.
By the looks of this picture you may think that Dee is on easy street. Poor guy! just trying to get some work done in a noisy apartment. He hasn't found a place in town for an office, so we have set up an office in the corner of the family room. It usually works well except when he gets calls during lunch hour. He had to move to a bedroom to find enough quiet to have a conference call!
It was so great to have Trae and Lis and Avery join us. Trae has been a big help to his dad and it is great to have another translater and Lis, I just love having another woman in the house (Mace doesn't quite quailify as a full fledged woman yet) but we love having her around. She is the best especially because she isn't afraid to drive in the crazy traffic of Recife! Avery absolutely loves the beach! I made the mistake of giving her some shells to play with on the sand and when she tried putting them in her mouth I said "yucky" but she thought I said "cookie" so needless to say, she tried to eat the shells the rest of the afternoon.
When Dave joined us it was kind of like having a son return from a mission. I missed him sooo much and when I saw him get off the plane, I started to cry! The girls jumped for joy they were so excited!! We took him to another beach his first week end here. Along this beach about a foot under the sand there is a clay type soil that spas use on skin to help keep it looking youthful, so of course, we covered our whole bodies. Fabio Bu was our tour guide, A really cool guy, he is taking us on a fishing trip near his home, this weekend.
Our apartment isn't really baby proofed and I'm not really sure how to do it. There is not one drawer in the entire apartment....bathrooms included. It is kind of a haven for a 15 month old. Having fun in the vegetable/fruit bin!
The bishop and his family invited us to go with them and some friends to the friends cabin. The friend is Mozart Soures a newly sustained area authority. It was a great get away. It was at a higher altitude so the weather was perfect, we actually could have used light sweaters in the evening....now that is unusual!
Look you did it! Although Macey said that it was quite the ordeal....thanks for sharing your adventures with us! It's nice to SEE what you are talking about too. With the cool/cold Spring we've had the sun looks great!
ReplyDeleteLooks like quite the tropical adventure!! It is amazing to me, you have adapted quite well I must say. Thank you for allowing us to be part of it!! The Lord is blessing you beyond measure I am sure!!
ReplyDelete